Published on: May 16, 2013.
Each month we feature a new frilly lilly Beauty Ambassador to bring you tips, tricks and exceptional expertise from the most outstanding ladies we know.
Meet Jody. She’s the founder of Emery Lifestyle Management, an on-call personal assistance firm. Her average day can include anything from running errands to planning events to coordinating travel itineraries. In short, she’s moving a mile a minute. As a business owner, projecting a professional image is key, and this means keeping up a beauty regime at a very fast pace. How does she do it?
“When a hectic schedule means planning my day to the tee, a streamlined beauty routine is a must! For those days when I just can’t seem to come up for air, I like to follow a simple rule of thumb and KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid). Here are my favorite KISS routines:
1. Stress isn’t pretty and neither is crusty, runny, day-old makeup. So no matter how tired I am, I always wash my face and apply a moisturizer. If I am really tight for time in the AM then I can usually get away with skipping another face wash and adding a bit of moisturizer before foundation.
2. Some people say you can know everything about a person by their shoes, however I think it is by their nails. If I am really pressed for time and can’t squeeze in a full mani, then I’ll at least make time for a quick polish change.
3. When my day-old hair is looking more like it’s on day 3 or 4, my new best friend becomes dry shampoo. I just sprinkle a little in my roots and roll my hair up into a ballet bun and it looks completely refreshed.
4. Keeping in line with my KISS theme, I like to keep my puckers perfectly pouty. Lining my lips with a neutral toned lip liner before applying lipstick makes everything look bigger and better. This also works because I don’t have to remember to change anything in my to-go makeup bag.
5. Last but certainly not least, smile. As the saying goes, “Fake it till you make it”. So even when I wake up on the wrong side of the bed, or just don’t feel like dealing with the day to day I always remember to put on my smile. It takes 2 seconds and at some point in the day I find a reason to put on my real smile.”