Our tips for your best results!
When it comes to waxing, we are experts! There are a few things you can do to ensure a great experience before and after a wax. Take a peek at our Pre-Wax and After-Wax Care guides to make sure you get the most out of your appointment, and leave feeling amazing!
You’re in great hands!
We specialize in waxing first-timers, and pride ourselves in repairing your relationship with waxing (especially if you’ve had a less-than-perfect experience elsewhere). Our estheticians are expertly trained and are ready to provide you with an exceptional experience!
Enjoy the refresher! Did you know Bikini Memberships offer discounted rates on all services, in addition to bikini waxes? Find out more here!
Before your appointment, keep these tips in mind!
- Do wear loose-fitting, comfortable clothes to your appointment (we recommend cotton because it breathes well!)
- Do make sure you skin is clean before your appointment (no self-tanner, no products, no sweat)
- Do make sure the majority of the hair to be waxed is at least ¼ inch long (about the length of short-grain rice)
- Do disclose if you have any disabilities (most services are performed on an elevated table, some boutiques have steps, and some services require you to hold a certain position)
- Do consult with your boutique if you have any questions, or concerns!
- Do not get waxed if you are currently on anti-acne medication, medical-grade exfoliators, or any other skin-thinning medication.
- Do not shower or exfoliate immediately before your appointment.
- Do not shave between appointments (Your wax is never as great if you do!).
- Avoid sun exposure for 24 hours prior to your appointment (this can cause sensitivity to the area, as well as possible discolouration post-waxing).
Once we’ve worked our magic, there are some things you can do to ensure your skin maintains fabulous results. For approximately 24h after waxing, your pores are more open, and vulnerable. Do your best to keep them clear of any product, irritants, or chaffing.
The First 48 Hours After Your Wax:
- No touchy for 12 hours: Your pores take time to close after waxing. Avoid touching the area for the first 12 hours. This is the best way to avoid any unwanted bacteria getting in.
- Breathable clothes for 24 hours: Wear comfy, soft cotton clothing for the rest of the day.
- No hot stuff for 24 hours: Stay away from hot baths, hot tubs, saunas, and showers for 24 hours. Lukewarm, or warm showers are OK! Your skin will be sensitive, give it some time to recuperate.
- No sweaty stuff for 24 hours: Avoid workouts, or activities that will cause the area to perspire or chafe against skin, or material.
- No tanning for 48 hours: Stay away from UV rays, and self-tanning to avoid possible hypersensitivity, hyperpigmentation, and uneven colour distribution.
You did it!
Finally, here are our recommendations on how to keep your skin free of ingrowns, and blemishes between appointments!
- Exfoliate regularly: Keeping your skin clean will ensure your regrowth has clear channels to grow. Clean skin means less chance of ingrowns, or blemishes. Use gentle cleansers, and exfoliators like our Bikini Care Solution, SpaCell Exfoliator Mitts, and Sugar Scrubs.
- Treat blemishes: Use our Frilly Lilly Drying Lotion at the first sign of an ingrown hair or blemish.
- Keep it up!: Waxing regularly actually delivers better, and longer-lasting results. Your skin will adjust to the process and your regrowth will lighten and soften over time. Learn about how our Bikini Memberships can benefit your lifestyle, and your wallet!
- Call us: If you have any questions, concerns, or want a consult before your next waxing appointment, give your fave Frilly Lilly boutique a shout! Contact your boutique here.
We want to give you the best experience, and the best results possible. Please use these guides to help you feel your best before, and after your service!
Shop our full range of Wax Care products!
Learn more about our Bikini Memberships here!